Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Birthday and Birthday card

Sorry I haven't written a new post in a while. Things have been a bit hectic. My niece was down a few weekends ago and this past weekend was my birthday. I have bunch of birthdays coming up very soon so I will be making quite a few cards in the next little while (I also have to make a wedding card for a friend too!).

I was inspired by this card that I found on pintrest. I'm not sure who made it, but it's so cute. Love the little kites in the clouds.
 I got a cuttlebug and embossing folders for my birthday and I just love it. It`s a black cuttlebug, isn`t that cool? I think you can only get it at walmart, because I've never seen a black cuttlebug anywhere else. I also got the original Create A Critter cartridge too.

I cut the clouds and kites for this card using my new create a critter cartridge. I ran the pattern paper through my cuttlebug using the devine swirls embossing folder. I glue the blue clouds directly to the card and used pop dots on the white clouds and kites. I stamped the sentiment in Close to Cocoa with the fabulous Phrases stamp set from Stampin Up. I cut the pink scalloped piece at the top of the card with my pattern scissors. The bow is actually crochet thread, I'm too cheap to buy that fancy twine stuff.

 I'll be back soon with a post on my husband's birthday card (I'm thinking of making him a never ending card) and a wedding card for a friend of mine. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment