Sunday, June 16, 2013

Two Father's Day Cards

Hi again! I've been busy making Father's Day cards for my Dad and my Father-in-law.

 I found this card on Pintrest and I had to make it. I didn't want to copy it exactly, but I liked the layout. This card was created by Cori Garza over at the Bug Lover Cards Blog.
 
Here`s my interpretation of the card:
The papers came from a paper stack that was rather girly with lipsticks, shoes and purses in it, but these ones are sort of masculine. I hand wrote the sentiment using my dip-pen in some black ink (my handwriting needs some work obviously, but oh well). I made the word window using my corner rounder (a neat trick that I learned on Youtube). I distressed the edges of the blue cardstock, the ruler strip, tool shapes and the word window with my discontinued Stampin` Up Close to Cocoa inkpad and my black inkpad (and a makeup sponge). I especially love how the yellow measuring tape paper looks after being distressed. This card is for my dad, he`s an electrician and he uses tools a lot in his job. The tool die cuts are left over cut outs from my second card which is for my father-in-law (I hate throwing those little cut-out pieces away).
 
Cricut`s free cut for this week is a bunch of different Father`s Day cards. With my husband`s help, I chose the Man of the House card and cut it at 4.25 (wide).
 
 The card came out a bit smaller than I was hoping for, but it`s still fine. It has notches for scoring, but I couldn`t get it to line up. It was really late at night when I was making these, I`m such a procrastinator. I scored it completely wrong, but he probably won`t notice. I inked the edges of the card to make it look like it`s a bit dirty from being in a tool shop or something. I attached the brown cardstock to the back of the cut-out and just trimmed around it. I didn`t use my cricut to cut the brown because it tends to mangle that paper when it cuts it (it`s cheap paper and I`ll not be buying it again). I think my father-in-law will like it because it has a bunch of tools on it (he`s a carpenter by trade).

No comments:

Post a Comment